Ok that should read Sorting my Sons Room – as my Daughters Room is WAY too hard. Clothes Clothes and more Clothes – but I will climb it, like any good mountain……
Each week starts & I think SURELY I cant over load the bin today ?? BUT Each & Every week I am wrong, come Tuesday night I SQUEEZE in the last bag I can and I even sneak across the road & use the neighbours bin…. (they know). I also think each & every week – we might keep things in their place THIS week…. 😦 but that isnt THIS week.
Firstly thanks to all of you who gave me some very helpful and useful tips with sorting the kids rooms out.
Here is how I tackled the task….
- Make sure the kids arent around – this can be VERY useful but wasnt the case for me
- Group all like items together, Track with track, Trains with trains, – this will allow you to find the pieces that go together and more so it will bring up the weird Mac Donalds toys that can be tossed, or the weird alien driver from the thing you tossed last time…… heheheh
- Put like items into separate containers
- Broken pieces, This with missing pieces TOSS
Since DS is freshly 4 he is SOOOO into Thomas – one of the things we did was decide which version of the THREE styles he loves the most.
Take Along Grey Track was the keeper. We have a HUGE box of trains that go with this as well as a bunch of stations, yards etc to play with this.
I kept all things separate
- Larger items ie Shed, Station etc
Apart from THOMAS he does have other things so these were grouped together and kept in different containers all neat and tidy and together.
Before – from the doorway as this was the furtherest I could get in !!
Here are some pictures of how his room finally looked once I got it SORTED !!